Michigan Jaycees May 2016 Leadership Conference on Mackinac Island
Friday, May 13, 2016 - Sunday, May 15, 2016
Mission Point Resort, Mackinac Island
Join the Michigan Jaycees at Mission Point. Advance registration is required in order to take advantage of our group ferry rates. Please register for the room and the conference as early as possible.
Please keep in mind that we will have events starting around 3:00pm on Friday so you won't want to wait too long to join us!
We look forward to seeing how you started to ignite passions in your communities this year.
Mission Point Resort, 6633 Main St, Mackinac Island, MI 49757
Reserve your rooms now by calling 1-800-833-7711 (Michigan Jaycees).
ROOM BLOCK ENDS 5:00 PM, MONDAY APRIL 4, 2016.
Room Reservation can be handled by directly calling the Hotel's Group Reservations Department at (800) 833-7711. Voice messages will be returned the next business day. Please indicate you are with the Michigan Jaycees. The room rate is $89 per night. The rates are for double occupancy. Additional fees apply if you request a room upgrade or additional people. Please note there is a 6% Michigan State Sales Tax, a 2% Mackinac Island Local Tax and a 10% Hotel Levy.
A deposit of one night's room charge is required to confirm individual reservations. This payment may be made by check or credit card. Individual reservation deposits will be refunded on cancellation received fourteen days or more prior to original arrival date of reservation. All refund requests must be made in writing directly to the hotel.
All reservations require a valid credit card. A credit card deposit equal to one night's stay is due at the time of booking. The deposit will be inclusive of room taxes, resort fees, and luggage transfer fees.
All reservations must be canceled 14 days prior to arrival date (or sooner) in order to be refunded the reservation deposit. Should cancellation occur after this 14 cut off, the room deposit is forfeited.
TAXES AND LEVY
Taxes are not included in rates listed unless otherwise specified. A total of 18% tax will be added to room rates, including 6% Michigan Sales Tax, 10% Resort Levy Fee, and 2% Mackinac Island Assessment Fee.
TENTATIVE CONFERENCE AGENDA:
(subject to change)
Friday May 13th: Dress code is casual.
- Finance Meeting
- Board Meeting
- JCI Poverty Simulation
- Programming Team Interviews
- Welcome Party
- Opening Ceremony
- Bonfire (Weather Permitting)
- Haunted Tours
Saturday May 14th
- Breakfast (Additional Purchase Required)
- Business Meeting (Business casual dress code)
- Free Time to Explore the Island
- Awards Presentation and Cocktail hour (Cocktail attire)
- Walking Pub Crawl
Frequently Asked Questions:
Special note regarding transportation to the island.
- We are using Star Line. We have special group arrangements with them for this event. Please refer to their website for general information including available departure times. (www.mackinacferry.com/ferry-rates---schedules-3)
Breakfast option for Saturday morning includes:
- Fresh Muffins and Danish, Individual Seasonal Fruit and Berries, Scrambled Eggs, Country Style Potatoes, Breakfast Sausage Links, Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice and Cranberry Juice, LaVazza Coffee and Assorted Hot Tea
Luggage Transfer Note:
- Please allow up to 2 hours for the luggage to be transferred to Mission Point. Any items that you will need within the first couple hours upon arriving on the island can be carried on to the ferry and island.
- Please pay attention to the weather and be prepared for sudden changes. It is good to pack layers and a water/wind proof jacket.
- Saturday trainings and the Business Meeting are Business Casual. The Saturday award ceremony will be Cocktail Attire.
When will the agenda be final?
- We will be updating until the end of April. Check back here for additional information as it becomes available.
What is the alcohol policy?
- It is similar to most hotels. In general, if you are someplace in the hotel that can sell alcohol you are not allowed to bring your own in. So this means the lobby bar, conference rooms, ball room, break out rooms, etc.; you will not be able to bring in your own drinks. If you are suspected of drinking your own alcohol in these areas you will be asked to discard your drink.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
- Yes, contact Tom Quackenbush for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org or (989) 475-4793.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- No, you do not. Please be prepared to give your name when checking in at conference.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Contact Chief Operations Officer Tom Quackenbush at email@example.com.
(Register when you order through Eventbrite)