District 1 Director Ashley Adams
D1 is taking a look inside this year to project the best versions of ourselves to our members and communities! Using bouncy balls and “I’m rubber, you’re glue” as our model, we are impressing our strength, professionalism, and unity to our audience. What do I mean by the “I’m rubber you’re glue” model? The way you present yourself to other people will literally “bounce” off of them and help form their opinion of you. When we intentionally throw the best version of ourselves at people, that’s exactly what we get back.
Despite the miles between us, we will take this year to “bounce” our best ideas, resolutions, and support between each other and work together as one team. We have chapters mobilizing toward the JCI Training event in Lansing- a perfect opportunity to dig into the best of Jaycee membership.
Like magic, more and more good people are going to stick themselves (and their opinions) to us! What does this mean? Your tribe, your JAYCEES tribe, is going to grow!
- Cadillac: GMM at 5:30 p.m. February 1.
- Big Rapids: GMM at 6 p.m. February 6.
- Ludington Area: GMM at 6:30 p.m. February 20.
- Manistee: GMM at 6:30 p.m. February 23.
- Petoskey Area: GMM at 6 p.m. February 8.
- Delta County: GMM at 6 p.m. February 8.
District 2 Director Rachael Eerdmans
The beginning of the year brings so much excitement and anticipation. The chapters in District 2 are using this energy and excitement to kick off what is sure to be a great year.
I would like to congratulate the South Kent Chapter on recently celebrating their 50th anniversary. They celebrated this in true style at a lovely year end gala. I would also like to highlight the Muskegon Snowfest. This a wonderful tradition that took a break last year but is back and better than ever. They are hosting a number of events in downtown Muskegon the first weekend in February and it is sure to be a great time.
We would love to host any Jaycees friends in our neck of the woods. Please take a look at our upcoming events and consider a trip to the west side!
- Allegan: GMM at 7 p.m. February 2. Join the Grand Rapids Griffins Game at 7 p.m. February 24.
- South Kent: GMM at 5:30 p.m. February 16. Jester’s Court Jump House at 10 a.m. February 18.
- Grand Rapids: GMM at 5:30 p.m. February 9.
- Muskegon: GMM at 5:30 p.m. February 28. Join in on Snowfest 2017 from February 3-4.
- Lakeview: No event details available.
District 3 Director Erin McKenzie
As a new honorary member of the district (thanks Kzoo!), I feel like I can really dive in and be your district director.
I've had the pleasure of getting to know and observe 2 of my 4 chapters at their year-end events. Ann Arbor and Kalamazoo are both groups of talented leaders who are going to set the state on fire! Cohesive, energetic, exactly what a good #glitterduck should be. Both chapters truly exemplify our Together as One Team motto for 2017.
Ionia, Lansing- I'm coming for you!
- Lansing: GMM at 7 p.m. February 7.
- Kalamazoo: GMM at 6:30 p.m. February 15.
- Ann Arbor: GMM at 6:30 p.m. February 2. Karaoke Night at Blue Karaoke at 8 p.m. February 25.
- Ionia: GMM at 6:30 p.m. February 9. Bowling Social at The Bowling Alley at 7 p.m. February 3.
District 4 Director Dan Moellering
This year has gotten off to a great start. The chapters in D4 are planning some great projects. I have already had the pleasure of pouring beer in downtown Detroit with Central Woodward along with other chapters pitching in to help their neighboring chapters. #HangingTogether
- Wyandotte: GMM at 7 p.m. February 14. Senior Spaghetti Dinner on March 5.
- Westland Area: GMM at 7 p.m. February 7. Bowling event on February 25, and Operation Fire Up takes place April 22.
- Livonia: No GMM posted. Financial Literacy seminar on March 9 and Murder Mystery planned for April 1.
- Central Woodward: GMM at 7 p.m. February 16.
- Rochester Area: GMM at 7 p.m. February 9.
- Redford: GMM at 7 p.m. February 20.
- South Lyon: GMM at 7 p.m. February 6. Trivia Night planned for April, no set date.
- Farmington Area: No events posted.
District 5 Director Christy Kuczynski
As Jaycees, we know why we are here, especially if you followed last month’s advice and created your Jaycee mission statement! We are all here for different reasons: fellowship, development, to impact our communities. However, we cannot do it alone. That’s why this year’s slogan, Together as One Team, is so powerful.
As you think about your plans for tomorrow, ask yourself today if you have partners in your work. Have you invited friends to join you in the Jaycees? Have you asked your local businesses to support you as sponsors or service providers? Do not focus your efforts so much that you miss opportunities to further your reach within our communities.
Take a moment, review your mission, and reacquaint yourself with why you are a Jaycee. Look around you for those that can help. You are a force, but #TogetherAsOne with others, you will build a movement.
Tell us what you are up to on our Facebook pages: MIJC District 5 and MIJC Post It Here!
- Burton: GMM at 7 p.m. February 21. Bus Trip to Soaring Eagle Casino on March 4.
- Frankenmuth: GMM at 7:30 p.m. February 13. Volunteers needed for Winterlaufe 8k on February 4. Email Julie Crandall to volunteer at email@example.com. Volunteer registration now open for World Expo of Beer May 19 and 20.
- Saginaw: GMM at 7 p.m. February 28. Participating in the Outhouse Race February 18.
- Midland: GMM at 6 p.m. February 21.
- Auburn: GMM at 7 p.m. February 22.
- Mt. Pleasant: GMM at noon February 20.
- Clare Area: GMM at noon February 20.