I hope you are all having a wonderful start to the summer! We’ve had a slightly extended spring, so now it’s time for you all to get geared up for D-4’s Summer Sloshball Showdown! Put the date Sunday, July 26th in your calendar, sign up for some sides & the rest is on me & we’ll be picnicking afterwards! I hope that you can all make it!
Plus, don’t forget about Amerada! It’s only four hours from Metro Detroit! Amerada 2015 is on track to be the best this year. Ok, to be fair it’s a once a year event and it’s a lot of fun. We’re headed to Canada this year in Beamsville, Ontario at www.cavespringscamp.on.ca, $140 U.S. for all weekend – food, drink and lodging. See www.jciamerada.com for more information.
D-4 is full of fun events this summer! We are never bored in D-4!
D5 Director, Jennifer Kurland
GMMs and Happenings:
- Membership Meeting: Tuesday, July 28, The Michigan Building, 6 p.m.
- GMM: third Tuesday, Livonia Chamber of Commerce, 7 p.m.
- LBC 2015: Crawl for a Cause. The Livonia Junior Chamber Presents the Livonia Bar Crawl – “Crawl for a Cause,”. Saturday, Aug. 1, the party starts at 5 p.m. at One Under Craft Beer & Eats, 35780 Five Mile Road, Livonia. Early bird tickets only $15, $25 for two tickets (price break to $12.50 per ticket). Come celebrate, socialize and network with Livonia’s young professionals all for a great cause. A portion of the profits will be donated to back into the community. Your registration fee includes: transportation to and from the bars on the bar crawl and a T-shirt.
- Livonia Jaycees Golf Outing: Saturday, Aug. 15 at 8 a.m.
- GMM: fourth Wednesday, Plymouth Chamber of Commerce, 7 p.m.
- Volunteering at Open Door Food Ministry: Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 p.m. We'll help pack and distribute food and assist with their Independence Day celebration for clients. In 2014, Open Door Food Ministry provided 855,972 meals to our hungry neighbors. Guests welcome! Kindly RSVP so we can provide an accurate count to the organization.
- GMM: third Monday, Redford Jaycee Hall, 7:04 p.m.
- Restaurants for Wishes: July 23 through 30. The Redford Jaycees are sponsoring this tournament to determine the most popular downtown restaurant to raise money to help grant wishes for kids with life-threatening illnesses. All you have to do is go out to eat! There will be two days to show your support for your favorite downtown Redford restaurant. The “playoffs” are Thursday, July 23 and the “finals” will be Thursday, July 30. Playoffs: Murphy’s Restaurant 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sandy’s, Michno’s and Redford Grill 3 to 9 p.m. Finals: restaurants and times TBD (top two selling restaurants from playoffs). There will be an online auction with great donations (stay tuned for that link). We are also selling paper Make-A-Wish stars for a $1 donation. For more information, please visit www.wish.org/.
- Second Annual Bust N’ Tunes Auction: Saturday, July 25 at 6:30 p.m. at Jaycee Hall.
- GMM: second Thursday, Rochester Community House, 7 p.m.
- July Hit the Decks Social: Tuesday, July 28 at 6:30 p.m. at Avery’s Tavern.
- GMM: third Tuesday, Salter Center, 7 p.m.
- Trivia Team Kick-Off Night: Sunday, June 30 at 8 p.m. at Moose Winooski’s.
- End Homelessness Now 5k: Sunday, Aug. 2 at 8:30 a.m.
- GMM: first Monday, South Lyon Hotel, 7 p.m.
- Active Faith Golf Outing: Monday, July 20 at 8:30 a.m. at Coyote Golf Club.
- GMM: first Tuesday, Westland City Hall, 7 p.m.
- Westland Area Jaycees Car Show: Saturday, July 11 at Ashley’s Westland.
- GMM: second Tuesday, Copeland Center, 7 p.m.
- Wyandotte Beer Tent and Beautiful Baby Contest: July 8 through 11, sponsored by the Wyandotte Jaycees. During the Wyandotte Street Art Fair two lucky babies (one boy and one girl) will be voted as the winners of the 2015 Beautiful Baby Contest. Prizes to include: gift basket, ride in the 2016 4th of July Parade and hold the prestigious title of Wyandotte’s Most Beautiful Baby! Please have entry forms (www.wyandottejaycees.org) postmarked by July 1, and include $10 entry fee, 4x6 photo of the baby and fully completed entry form. Entry forms will be accepted at the booth for a $15 entry fee.