Hey there Michigan Jaycees!
I had a blast with you all in Traverse City and was very impressed with some of those crazy hats around! I was even more fascinated with #91, #90 and #87 crowd surfing on Saturday evening!
Amerada 2015 –
Our Canadian friends are hosting this year and it is only four hours away in Beamsville, Ontario!
If you loved the games at Double JJ last year, this is the international event for you! This is the second longest running JCI event. For the whole weekend it’s $140, including food, drink and lodging. It’s scheduled for Friday, Sept. 11, at Cave Springs Camp, Beamsville, Ontario, www.facebook.com/events/457335634447341/.
Keep your eyes peeled for news on our District 4 T2 social and check out all the awesome things going on in D4! I’ve have two dates in July that I’m hoping will work to reserve a site on Hines Drive. I love seeing all of the outstanding camaraderie and how much inter-chapter visitation is going on! Check out all of the upcoming events around town.
GMMs and Happenings:
- Third Tuesday, Livonia Chamber of Commerce, 7 p.m.
- Livonia Jaycees’ Sweet Night Out, Wednesday, June 10 at 6:30 p.m., www.facebook.com/events/492182144263121/. Join the Livonia Jaycees for a fun night out at Schakolad Chocolate Factory in Northville. The store owners will give us some background on their shop and we’ll get lessons on how to dip, mold and decorate chocolate confections. All participants will get to hand-dip and decorate their own chocolate to take home; $16 will cover the tour, two dippable treats, and a chocolate bar to decorate. Checks (made out to Livonia Jaycees) and cash can be brought to the next few Jaycees events, like the GMM (May 19) and Thirsty Thursday (May 21) or bring the day of.
- The Livonia Bar Crawl: Crawl for a Cause, Saturday, Aug. 1, at 5 p.m., www.facebook.com/events/562982130510833/, www.eventbrite.com/e/lbc-2015-the-livonia-bar-crawl-crawl-for-a-cause-tickets-17028791574. Starts at One Under Craft Beer & Eats, 35780 Five Mile Road, Livonia; $25 for two tickets (price break to $12.50 per ticket). Come celebrate, socialize and network with Livonia’s young professionals, all for a Great Cause! A portion of the profits will be donated to back into the community. Your registration fee includes: transportation to and from the bars on the bar crawl and a T-shirt.
- Fourth Wednesday, Plymouth Chamber of Commerce, 7 p.m., www.facebook.com/events/1381344878831751/
- Volunteering at Open Door Food Ministry, Thursday, July 2 from 5:30 to 8 p.m., www.facebook.com/events/1440696136245468/.
- Third Monday, Redford Jaycee Hall, 7:04 p.m.
- Euchre Tournament Hosted by the Redford Jaycees, Thursday, June 4 at 6:30 p.m. at Bell Creek County Park, www.facebook.com/events/767924853327738/. There will be a euchre tournament at the Redford Township Festival this year. This will be an individual tournament with rotating partners. Cost is $10 per player, plus any 25 cent euchre fines. There will be prizes of 25 percent, 15 percent and 10 percent of the registration entries toward the top three finishers. Registration is at 6:30 p.m.; games begin at 7 p.m.\
- A Guided Tasting to Greet Lakes Beer (same place as the euchre tournament), www.facebook.com/events/824683814276435/. We will have three seatings beginning at 6 p.m. Beer lovers will get to try eight unique beers for $15.
- Second Thursday, Rochester Community House, 7 p.m., www.facebook.com/events/1655195498037527/
- June “Hit the Decks” Social, Tuesday, June 16 at 7:00pm, Mr. B’s Rochester. Join us for the next installment of our summer "Hit the Decks" socials, where we meet at a local establishment with outdoor seating. This month, we’ll meet on the top deck of Mr. B’s in downtown Rochester. The chapter will provide appetizers to current and potential members. We hope to see you there; bring a friend!
- “Dear Soldier” booth at Festival of the Hills, Wednesday, June 24 at 5:30 p.m., Borden Park. At the booth visitors will be able to write thank you cards to soldiers serving overseas. Children will also be able to color pictures to be included in the cards. Festival of the Hills will have family games, live entertainment and a huge fireworks display. The booth will run from 6 p.m. until dusk, with set up at 5:30 p.m. Parking can be a challenge, so consider parking further from Borden Park and walking back to the car.
- Third Tuesday, Salter Center, 7 p.m., www.facebook.com/events/359976400875701/.
- First Monday, South Lyon Hotel, 7 p.m., www.facebook.com/events/760192760744718/.
- First Tuesday, Westland City Hall, 7 p.m.
- All American Cruise, Saturday, July 11 at Ashley’s Westland, www.facebook.com/events/536805016461031/.
- Second Tuesday, Copeland Center, 7 p.m.
- Wyandotte Beer Tent, July 8 through 11, Wyandotte Street Fair, www.facebook.com/events/1696067733946935/. Wyandotte is looking for beer pourers. Pour dates and times: July 8 through July 10, noon to 11 p.m.; July 11 from noon to midnight (cleanup and after-glow), docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jh-dTCEj7wA8c9cMR_pnFaY7z6TqN7I011zW9u8Zhn0/edit?usp=sharing. For more information please contact Megan Maiani at email@example.com.
District 4 Director