Greetings Michigan Jaycees,
I am excited about upcoming Leadership Conference at Mission point Resort on Mackinac Island, I hope you are too. This destination is unlike any other that we attend for Conference and gives us an opportunity to have a unique experience that includes carriage rides, haunted tours, pub crawling, and a bon fire (weather permitting).
This location also presents us with a few challenges. We have to get everything and everyone to the Island and back alive and in one piece. Here are a few things to remember as you prepare for your journey to Mission point.
- We will be using Starline Ferry. If you purchased a registration for Conference or just a ferry ticket all you will have to do is give Starline your name upon arrival. They will have a list of paid ticket holders.
- Ferries run on a schedule, you can find the Starline schedule here:http://www.mackinacferry.com/ferry-rates---schedules-3/
- Please mark all of your bags and luggage with your name and destination “Mission Point”
- We still have room available in the 3:00 pm Poverty Simulation training on Friday. This is estimated to last 90 to 105 minutes. If you have already registered for training and would like to add it on, email me or Stephanie at email@example.com.
- The Welcome Party on Friday will include heavy appetizers for your enjoyment.
- Pack your Hawaiian shirts and flower print dresses. Friday night we are encouraging everyone to bring out their inner Jimmy Buffet at the welcome party!
- Dinner is on your own Saturday but we will have a great selection of desserts on the tables when the doors open at 7:30pm
- Please keep in mind you are required to be wearing a Michigan Jaycee wrist band to gain entrance to Friday Night Welcome Party and Saturday Evening Awards.
If you have any questions please contact me. I would be happy to help in any way I can.